The Best Home Yoga Programs to Get in Shape
Most people have heard about yoga, and its physical and mental health benefits. It is a low impact exercises that strenghtens the muscles and articulations, enhancing concentration and promoting a relaxing state. Attending a yoga class led by an instructor outside your home is a brilliant way to acquaint yourself with yoga practice. However, as good as a yoga class can be, it would be great to regularly practice yoga at home. If you are struggling with pilates and similar exercises, you could instead enjoy a great flexibility workout with a yoga session in your home.
After learning yoga basic stances and some important tips from an instructor, you may feel motivated to keep practicing at home, all by yourself. Following a yoga sessions at home can save up some money, and help individuals remaining fit and mentally strong. After you have learned the yoga techniques properly from your yoga teacher at the studio, and are comfortable by yourself, you can start practicing them on your own.
Put together all the yoga postures, follow each one carefully, step by step, and you will slowly build an increased body flexibility, core balance, and a better sleep. Also, explore the reflective, and grounding positions to reduce tension, refill energies, and get your daily dose of peace. Yoga postures are quick and easy to learn. Practicing it daily for 30 mins-1 hour will do a lot of benefit to the body, mind, and natural beauty.
Benefits of practicing yoga
If you are a newbie, then probably you don’t have much idea about the benefits of yoga. Western science is already trying to find some clues to how yoga works to keep human health, body, and mind at complete peace. Here, are some of the benefits of daily Yoga practice at home:
- Improved fitness level: An exercise doesn't need heavy loads or very high energy demands to be effective. Isometric exercise is a type of strength training that consists of holding a position for a given time interval, just like yoga postures. These exercises are exceptionally good in increasing strength and improving endurance and flexibility. For this reason, practicing yoga breathing techniques, postures, and meditation is a complete fitness package. It provides mental strength, increases physical power, detoxifies the body, improves health condition, and offers protection against injury.
- Stress relief: A few minutes of yoga practice can get you rid of stress, tension that one goes through daily. Practicing yoga breathing techniques, postures, and meditation is a great way to keep stress at bay, improving mental health and concentration. Giving yourself a time to be quiet and focus on your own body and breathing is maybe the one thing you needed to feel relaxed and sleep better.
- Weight loss: Yoga practice such as Kapal Bhati pranayama and Sun Salutations are some methods to help you lose weight. As stated before, yoga is a very good exercise to improve fitness level, it increases your energy needs, and when combined with a good diet, it will promote your weight loss and make you feel better about your looks.
- Enhanced immunity: Human system is a perfect mixture of mind, body, and spirit. Any abnormality in the body will affect the mind, thus disturbing the entire body system. Stress is one of the triggers of many different diseases and immunity problems, Many different auto-immune diseases can be worsened with prolongued stress, and it has been proven that body defenses can increase or decrease depending on your mood and stress. Thus, practicing yoga postures daily can reduce stress and improve immunity through breathing techniques.
- Inner peace: We all need inner peace, living a life without so much stress and tension. But little do we know that peace can be achieved with the most simple things, already present in our bodies, such as respiration and self-awareness. We just need to embrace our own roud to inner peace. Yoga sessions can become a small daily vacation that brings calmness to a disturbed mind.
- Increased energy: If you feel completely out of energy in the middle of the day and find it a Herculean task to do everything you have scheduled, it is time to be more attentive towards your body. It’s not a disease that needs to be addressed. Rather, you need to listen to your body. A few minutes of yoga will make you feel energetic and fresh, even after a long day of work. It will help you significantly, keeping you revitalized and refreshed all day long.
- Better relationship: Yes, you read it right. Yoga also helps to keep your relationship intact. A relaxed, happy, and cool mind is able to deal with relationship better than a stressed, disturbed and worked out mind. Meditation works on keeping the mind peaceful and happy, which in turn supports and strengthens the bond people share with special people and colleagues.
Benefits of practicing yoga at home
Most people would agree that home is the most comforting place, our personal escape from the stress in the world, and even more if we practice yoga. It will definitely enhance your mood, and even your family will notice a new positive vibe surrounding you. Following are the few benefits of practicing yoga postures and meditation at home:
- Convenient time: It is the foremost benefit of practicing yoga at home. Here, you can freely choose your most suitable time to practice yoga. Morning is the most preferred time, but you can also go for late mornings, evening and before lunch time period.
- Comfortable place: You can practice anywhere, literally. It could be a small, private room, garden or rooftop. Just make sure that the place is neat, clean, well-ventilated, and away from any sharp objects and furniture. It should be large enough to roll out the yoga mat and a quiet space to meditate properly, without any disturbances.
- Wear simple yoga clothes: Go for comfortable and loose clothing. Very tight outfits are a big no, as they would restrict the necessary movements to achieve a few yoga postures and wide stretches. Avoid heavy makeup as well, and keep jewelry away.
- Practice on an empty stomach: It is always advisable to practice yoga on an empty stomach. Sometimes, practicing after a meal will make you feel uncomfortable, and in some cases cause stomach ache, dizziness, or vomiting. After 2-3 hours of a meal, you can practice yoga with no worries.
- Warm up before doing any intense yoga posture: It is the basics of doing yoga anywhere. Sometimes people tend to pass on warming up, especially if they are exercising at home, but that is a mistake. Warm up by stretching your muscles to bring more flexibility to the body and prepare it before starting any session.
- Make yoga time an enjoyable family activity: Some people would feel bored if they are doing yoga postures alone. Try practicing yoga with family members, and the difference will be noticeable. It would turn out to be more fun, and a great get-together time for everybody.
- Go gentle on your body: Be careful while attempting yoga postures. Respect your body, and do not try to force yourself if you are feeling pain. Always, remember that yoga is a continuous progress. So, keep practicing it on a regular basis and you will be better every day! A regular practice will bring in more results as time pass by.
TOP FIVE YOGA PROGRAMS
Yoga is a daily practice to live a healthy life. Practicing yoga to ease mental, physical, or emotional stress needs guidance. There are many home yoga videos and yoga programs for this purpose, and we will show you a few of them.
Yoga for Beginners is the best home yoga video. It is a simple, yet low-budget production, offering a powerful means for people to get in shape for their good health. The program serves as a complete introduction to the practices of yoga, and includes warm-up and three yoga routines. The audio in the yoga program is good, the instructions are very clear, and the music is modest. Having a very strong and flexible teacher to follow in the yoga program will inspire you to do more practice. Being a wonderful introduction to yoga practice, Yoga for Beginners program doesn't feature any fancy or expensive wears or accesories.
Following this yoga program will make you improve your strength, balance, and flexibility. You will become a happier and more relaxed person. This program is not just for beginners, people from all walk of life can follow it. Whether you are 100% new to yoga, or an experienced user, try Yoga for Beginners program- this video is truly the one to try first!
Yoga Stretch for Beginners and Beyond is a perfect guide for beginners to progress with. The program has yoga inspired stretch routines and following this daily program will help you build a strong foundation of body strength, flexibility, and stamina. This yoga program does not include any yoga chants or Sanskrit terminologies, and it was shot entirely in beautiful outskirts of Miami, Florida.
This yoga program is the perfect way to start your day. Full of energetic postures and moves, it can instantly life your gloomy mood and boost your energy anytime. The instructor is an expert wellness coach and a certified trainer instructor. This is one of the top class yoga program for people who are looking to stay in their comfort zone and get some postures done, without any discomfort or pain.
Yoga for Beginners & Beyond is one of the best methods to explore the benefits of yoga. This program has many routines, which focuses on the mental and physical aspects of yoga, such as improving flexibility, building stamina, reducing stress, and much more. Containing a huge collection of yoga practice, it can help people explore the joyful, healing, and stimulating world of yoga. Try to follow this Yoga for Beginners & Beyond program and stay away from stress, the tension of life.
Programmed at the stunning Half-Moon Bay on Antigua, Yoga for Beginners & Beyond program includes Yoga for Stress Relief, AM-PM Yoga for Beginners, and Essential Yoga for Inflexible People. The Yoga for Stress Relief helps to achieve happiness, well-being and good health. The AM-PM Yoga for Beginner programs helps to get rid of the mental and physical stress of the day and assist in a deep sleep and relax. Following the Essential Yoga for Inflexible People program can increase your flexibility and develop strength while creating a calm and refreshed mind.
Yoga Trance Dance program is a great way to start your day. Filled with trance dance, it cultivates your intuition, natural movement, and creativity. Following this program, one can experience advantages of both these traditions under one energized workout. The program includes innovative methods- starting from creative yoga flow to moving into the depths of ecstatic dance moves, and one can end the session with moving chants and meditation.
This program is a powerful combination of dance and yoga workouts. With its slow, hypnotic music, Shiva Rea's instructions are excellent and help one to relieve all their worries and pressure in one go. It’s free rhythmic grounded movements can bring fluidity and movement to your spine. A simple and powerful yoga program indeed- it ends with a chant and a beautiful prayer.
Power Yoga - Total Body Workout is another yoga program, which is aimed at building stamina, strength, and durability of the body. It is a total body yoga program, which guides you through stimulating yoga sequence, thus cleansing the heat in your body, and supporting your body to recreate inner and outer strength. Being one the most challenging yoga programs available, Power Yoga - Total Body Workout program, is a continuous hour long practice. However, this is not for the soft people. You have to very focused and interested in trying the challenging yoga postures.
Practicing it daily can help you to lose weight, realign your back, improve flexibility, and achieve more relaxed breathing. The workout in this program is energetic, strong, and fast-paced. This program is not for the beginners. It is worth all the hard work one puts, and at one session, you may lose around 500-700 calories per workout. If you are looking for one of the best guides for advanced yoga practitioner, this is the one for you.
Yoga for Beginners:
Poses for Strength, Flexibility and Relaxation is the best home yoga program and video one can get. The program consists of Standing Poses, Warm-Up Sequence, Restorative Yoga, and Sitting Poses. The clear instructions in the video make it easy and convenient to learn. Another excellent video for beginners, Yoga for Beginners: Poses for Strength, Flexibility and Relaxation program is terrific, as it introduces one to the magical world of yoga. Providing a complete explanation for each pose, this program encourages you to focus on what is vital, the moves, positions, and breathing. The music combination of sitar and flute can sway all your negative thoughts away, slowly moving you into the meditation zone and helping you clear your mind and maintaining tranquility, and peacefulness.