Natural & Organic Energy Bar Reviews for 2017
Natural energy bars are lifesavers when you are hungry and don't have time for your meal. It can be used for your mid-afternoon cravings, or just before hitting the gym, and should not replace meals. They come in handy for people with a busy life schedule, and carrying one of them in your backpack is always a really good idea. Natural energy bars are usually made up of healthy natural food products, including cereals, dry fruits, and more. They are rich in fiber content, which adds bulk to our digestive system for a better bowel activity, and making us feel full.
Benefits of a natural energy bar
- Energy bars taste great and most natural brands are high in nutritional value.
- Natural energy bars are a balanced nutritional snack, a great option for cravings between meals and only in certain occasions they could serve as meal replacement.
- You can take them if you need more energy for your physical performance, and helps you stay mentally alert.
- Energy bars are a healthy sweet for teenagers and children. They can be given as a school snack between breaks.
- Some energy bar brands will also provide a high protein content, making them an ally for weight loss.
- There are many Gluten-free options to choose.
- Natural & Organic energy bars follow the regulations of organic foods, not allowing genetically modified ingredients.
The mass production, adding new technologies and chemicals, have made many farm products unhealthy by genetically altering crops. Regular farm products come along with many other additives that fight off their health benefits. Realizing this, there is a trend these days of going all organic and natural. You need to be smart when choosing your energy bars as well. Natural, organic choices will provide a great nutritional value without harmful effects. Though energy bars cannot replace meals completely, they do help us stay full longer, and are a healthy alternative for a snack.
Tips on choosing the best Natural Energy Bars
- Complexity is not always good, and that is true for energy bars. The less number of ingredients, the better quality of the energy bar.
- Always look at the label! Stay away from ingredients such as brown rice syrup, cane sugar, glucose, coconut sugar and raw sugar. We should also avoid anything "hydrogenated" because it basically means "trans fat".
- It is a good idea to stay alert on the fiber content. Remember fibers will help you stay full and improve your bowel activity.
- If you are unable to identify, or even pronounce the ingredient, it is probably not a good option. Take some time to google any unusual or new ingredient, as they are most probably code names for artificial sweeteners or trans fat.
- Try sticking to organic bars, and remember that genetically modified ingredients may not be healthy for your body. Processed ingredients and additives will make more difficult for your digestive system to perform its function, and comes along with harmful effects.
In order to help you choose the right energy bar, let us get down to some of the most recommended energy bars in the market. Choosing the best organic energy bar can be a little tricky at first, so here are the best all-natural energy bars you can set as an example of a healthy choice.
Top 5 Natural & Organic Energy Bar
The NuGo Fiber Bars are one of the top-selling energy bars on amazon. They taste like cookies, and use fruit juice as a natural sweetener. These energy bars are available in different flavors, with different ingredients for each flavor, and they all taste amazing and are equally natural and healthy. You could pop it in the oven for a few seconds, and within no time you would have your yummy treat ready.
These great bars have an organic label because all of the ingredients are organic, making it one of the healthiest all-natural energy bars. The NuGo Fiber bars have been recommended by most of the fitness trainers, so if you are up for weight loss this is the perfect treat to go for.
Lara bars are the second on the list of the tastiest natural bars that you can easily order from Amazon. They are sweetened only with dry fruits, and have this nice, soft, chewy texture which makes them so yummy. These energy bars are non-GMO, and kids love it. You will have various flavor choices, and a few of them are Traditional Lara Bars, Renola Bars, ALT bars, Jocolat Bars.
Other delicious flavors from Lara Bars are Peanut Butter and Jelly, Carrot Cake, Coconut Cream Pie, Peanut Butter Cookie, Chocolate Mint, Lemon Pound Cake, Chocolate Coffee, and Cinnamon Nut. If you are looking for a great pre-workout snack, these energy bars are probably the best option, so go ahead and try them.
These energy bars are sweetened with dates, and taste wonderful. They are packed with high nutritional value, and they help you stay full for a longer time. You need to refrigerate them because they do not contain any additives.
Perfect Bars taste like cookie dough with a soft texture, and they instantly melt in the mouth. They are available in various flavors, but the almond coconut is the one I would recommend if you are trying it for the first time.
Go Raw Sprouted Bars contain raw, natural ingredients like nuts, seeds, and dry fruits. These natural ingredients make this brand even more healthy, keeping you full for longer time, and making it the fourth best natural energy bar on our list. It is a really powerful snack you should try.
These bars taste really amazing, and are available in different flavors. A few of the recommended ones are Raisin Crunch Bar, Banana Bread Flax Bar, and Real Life Apricot Bar. This is the best treat if we are feeling extremely hungry after a workout.
The Rx bars come with an extra protein content and are a really good choice for gym users. Their major ingredient is egg whites for protein, and dry fruits as a sweetener. This is the best natural protein bar, with 100 percent natural ingredients. Each of them have 12 grams of protein, which makes them the perfect post-workout option.
Rx bars come in a variety of different flavors, hence you can choose the one you like the most. They are gluten-free, Non-GMO and Non-dairy energy bars. A few recommended flavors are Coconut Cacao and Peanut Butter.