Best Whole Foods & Supplements in 2017
What are whole foods?
Whole foods are foods that are not processed and are not refined or foods that are minimally processed and refined. It entails foods that appear great as it appears in nature or near to it. This is due to the fact that all the nutrients and fiber contained in whole foods including fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, nuts or seeds are by nature perfectly organized. Series of researches conducted recently suggested that we should eat mainly whole foods which mean foods that are nearly close to their natural state.
Eating whole foods, thus, means eating the following:
Whole grains in place of refined grains, Fruits, vegetables, beans, and nuts rather than supplements that supply the fiber and vitamins they are composed of. A chicken breast without the skin cooked with healthy ingredients rather than processed and flavored chicken nuggets with preservatives. A baked potato with chopped up green onions and mild sour cream rather than a carrier of sour cream and onion potato chips. Fresh berries for breakfast rather than processed raspberry toast pie, or a blueberry smoothie made with blueberries, yogurt, and frozen banana in place of slushy form or ice with blue coloring.
How whole foods benefit your health?
It has been proved by a lot of studies that whole food diets; fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes are highly beneficial to the body. It is believed by a lot of health experts that a diet consisting of whole foods, rich in antioxidants, is the best for improved health and disease prevention. Whole foods such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, and legumes maintain the fiber content and are as well composed of all the useful phytochemicals your body requires for normal growth and functioning.
The human body functions optimally on natural foods and foods that are near their natural forms. The long lasting effect of eating healthy food is longer life span.
Some of the advantages of whole food diets are:
- Whole foods contain sufficient amounts of phytochemicals. Phytochemicals are potent nutrients that are present in plant foods.
- When compared with processed foods, whole foods are packed with additional vitamins and minerals.
- Whole foods also contain extra fiber and healthy fats.
- The nutrient’s mixtures in whole plant foods function together to protect our body from disease attack.
- Eating whole food plant diets lead to improved level of blood sugar·
- Eating of whole grain foods provide your body with enough natural fiber that aids in the process of digestion and as well keep you full. Whether it is whole grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, and beans, you would get adequate supply of fiber which is the most useful nutrient for healthy blood sugar, proper digestion, and a healthy heart. ·
- Whole foods supply your body with more energy to carry out its day to day activities. This is so because the breakdown of whole foods takes place gradually leading to a gradual release of energy which can sustain you for a longer period.
- Whole food plants are made up of carbohydrates, fiber and plant-based protein that are made up of amino acids and healthy fats.
- They lead to less Muscle Pain and inflammation.
- Whole foods are more satisfying and nutritious · they nourish and satisfy your body suitably. Fruits and vegetables prevent the body from becoming sick, overweight and from being lethargic. Apart from helping us to remain healthy and fit, they are as well the main ingredients we need to attain a healthy lifestyle choice.
Examples of whole foods
Examples of whole foods are unrefined grains, beans, fruits, vegetables, and animal products like meats and non-homogenized dairy products.
Whole food diets and unrefined foods are made up of foods like whole grains, dark green vegetables and yellow or orange-fleshed vegetables and fruits, legumes, nuts, and seeds. Examples of whole food meals are stated below.
Recommended whole food for Breakfast:
Fruits, oats or other whole food hot breakfast grains like quinoa, barley, brown rice, and so on beans or scrambled tofu taken with vegetables, nut butter on whole grain bread toast.
Recommended whole food for lunch and dinner:
Vegetable stir–fry - Home prepared vegetable, split pea, or lentil soups Beans and brown rice Salad sandwiches stuffed with pita Roasted vegetables and tempeh instead of quinoa, Vegetable salads, sliced vegetables, grain or bean based salads.
How best whole food supplements can help you get whole food nutrients
There are two types of supplements: Isolated supplements and Whole Food Supplements. Whole food supplements are produced from concentrated extracts of whole foods and are made up of essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes and other nutrients required to provide the body with adequate nourishment. Whole food supplements are easily assimilated into the body system due to the fact that they are made up of natural ingredients.
Isolated supplements on the opposite side are made up of artificial nutrients that are formulated in the lab. As opposed to whole food diets, they are not made up of enzymes and other essential micronutrients required by the body for adequate food absorption and utilization by the body due to the fact that they are not made from natural products.
Why you need best whole Food Supplements
The majorities of western diets do not contain enough nutrients required for normal body functioning; they are not adequate for sustaining a healthy hormone balance, supporting of heart’s function, maintenance of proper bone function and catering for reproductive health. In reality, a huge percentage of Americans don’t get enough quantities of basic nutrients like calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin K2. Whole food supplements are essential to make sure that the individual receives sufficient daily amounts of the required nutrients.
Active ingredients in best whole food supplements and their Health Benefits
A lot of whole food supplements whether in the form of powder or tablet contain green foods such as spirulina and chlorella. These two foods are made up of powerful phytochemicals that help to fight cancer, rebuild nerve tissue, purify the blood and help in the detoxification of the liver. A good source of spirulina is made up of protein roughly more than twelve times the quantity contained in beef.
Although it is best to eat natural foods than supplement, it is not that easy to eat up to five servings of natural whole food every day, and this is why supplement is essential. Fruits and vegetables are made up of phytochemicals which help the body to get rid of different forms of diseases.
Whole food supplements also contain a mixture of medicinal mushrooms such as lion's mane, maitake, reishi, and cordyceps. The great potent ingredients in these mushrooms assist in the regulation of blood sugar, lowering of blood pressure, fighting off cancer and boosting of the body’s immune system. Whole food supplements may also boost your energy and help you to fight chronic fatigue, digestive issues, and depression.
The top 5 whole food supplements review
To help you get those additional nutrients that may be lacking in your daily meals, we have provided below five best whole food supplements you can consider.
- It is made from raw whole foods and is composed of organic ingredients.
- It is composed of Fruit and Vegetable great food Blend.
- It is made of natural herbs, enzymes, cofactors, amino acids and minerals
- It helps to boost your body’s energy levels
- It helps in the fight and prevention of disease
- It makes your immune system stronger
- It enhances your brainpower
- It supplies your body with the sufficient energy needed for optimal body function. It is easy for the body to assimilate and digest because it is made from natural sources.
- It is additionally made up of Vitamin D and Magnesium, which are very powerful factors that affect health.
- It is made up of only the natural whole food and raw organic ingredients
- It was created from a distinctive Blend of Vitamins, Amino Acids, Minerals, and Superfoods
Product description and benefits
- This supplement is a two-a-Day Multiple whole food supplement. It is a wellness food supplement.
- It is composed of vitamins and minerals gotten from organic vegetables and fruits and not artificially made.
- It supplies your body with 200% of essential vitamins and 100% of basic minerals
- It doesn’t contain any form of fillers, flavors, binders, and other chemical additives
- It is made from organic ingredients and doesn’t contain any gluten, dairy product and is free from chemicals and is Non-GMO supplement
- · It is made up of special formula that provides the body with the basic foundation of whole food vitamins and minerals and is suitable for adults of all ages.
- It is planned to accommodate individuals who want mere simple formula with 2 tablets a day dosage and yet composed of full and balanced blend of essential nutrients
Take two tablets a day; one in the morning and one in the afternoon or evening. It can be taken with full or empty stomach and is gentle on any type of stomach including sensitive ones.
This whole food multivitamin supplement is an all-in-one multivitamin completely balanced with the highest levels of nutrients that the human body needs daily. The supplement is doctor recommended.
- Chelated Minerals for optimal food absorption
- It is made up naturally available vitamins that are easily absorbed into your blood stream
- It contains compounds that protect the brain and help the body to fight depression
- It is made up of antioxidants that help to get rid of free radicals and prevent cell damage occasioned by unhealthy environments.
- It doesn’t contain any artificial Colors or Flavors
- It does not contain preservatives, sugar additives or fish
- It supplies the body with proper energy boosts with the healthier Form of B12 (Methylcobalamin) rather than the generic form of B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- It is packed with patented nutrients like Calcium, Magnesium and Biotin that help in improved food absorption.
Product description and benefits
Whole Food Multivitamin Plus offers to your body a very powerful amount of a special antioxidant formula that is made up of the following:
- Natural beta-carotene. This is great for healthy vision and for boosting of the immune system
- Vitamin C for the enhancement of tissue growth and repair together with healthy gums
- Vitamin E for muscular system support function
- Selenium to strengthen your body’s healthy immune system
- L-cysteine for supporting your immune system and respiratory systems
- Lutein to boost a healthy vision
- Lycopene to enhance your immune system
- Red wine proanthocyanidins to support your cardiovascular system
- It is made from selected extracts and powders from more than 25 fruits, vegetables, and herbs
Additionally, it contains:
- B vitamins which include: B-1 (thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-7 (biotin), B-12, and folic acid. They help to provide extra health-support for your cardiovascular, immune, and neurological systems
- Magnesium – A few lower powered multivitamins do not contain magnesium. Magnesium is essential for the lungs and overall pulmonary system support.
- Calcium –This provides top-level of support for your skeletal system. Calcium is very essential for healthy bones in adult just as it is in children.
Product description and benefits
- This is an all-inclusive multivitamin that contains a whole collection of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Great energy booster when your body is running down or sluggish.
- It is made up of a collection of vitamins and minerals that boost the immune system and get rid of common colds and flus.
- Multivitamin contains all the essential vitamins and minerals for your daily needs.
- The supplement is produced in a certified cGMP facility to ensure high quality standard.
- It is a good supplement for people suffering from vitamin deficiencies.
- It is made up of TRAACS (The Real Amino Acid Chelate System) minerals, which are easily available for assimilation into the body system as much as in their natural form
- It is made up of nine antioxidants which are very essential for general cellular health.
- The active form of vitamins are used in the blend to ensure highest bioavailability
- It is not made up of artificial binders, fillers or coatings
- Evergreen Vitamins supplements are made from top-quality ingredients and are produced in facilities that are cGMP certified.
Dosage information: Take 1 to 4 capsules a day, depending on your dietary needs.
Whole foods are very vital for the optimal functioning of the body. To remain healthy and prevent diseases, your body needs diets majorly made up of whole foods. It is not always easy to maintain these daily dietary requirements. To ensure that your body gets enough nutrients it requires each day for normal functioning and to fight diseases, you need to make up what is lacking in your daily diet by supplementing with these 5 best whole food supplements.
There are a lot of supplements out there. What you need for proper bodily functioning and optimal restorative results is one of the best whole food supplements. Just to note, these are not "isolated" food supplements, meaning they are not to be used as a meal replacement. Supplementation of any kind, including whole food supplementation, should be used as an accessory to an already healthy diet plan. These chosen 5 best whole foods supplements have been selected according to specific quality standards as well as whole food supplement reviews.
Have you taken any of them before? If you have, let us know your experience. If you have not tried any of this, you may want to consider them and let us know the result you get!